Goals and objectives
- developing cultural exchange between Asia-Pacific countries
- presenting Asia-Pacific cinematography to Russian people
- familiarizing representatives of the film industry in the Asia-Pacific Region with contemporary Russian cinematography
- making a positive contribution to the development of the Art of Cinematography
- searching for and constructively supporting new young cinematographers
- presenting the cinematography of Asia-Pacific and European countries in the Russian Far East by mutual integration into common cultural space of the region
1. Festival Program
- Full length feature, documentary, animated films
- Short films (up to 30 minutes)
1.2. Out of Competition:
- Russian Cinema
- Special Screenings
- Retrospective Screenings of World Cinema Masters
- Seminars and workshops
2.1. Festival participation:
2.1.1. Films presented by film companies, film studios, independent producers, distributors or any copyright holders are eligible to participate in the Festival;
2.1.2. Anyone willing to present their film for participation in the Festival should indicate their wish to do so by filling out the entry form available at pacificmeridianfest.ru no later than June 10, 2021;Film Entry
2.1.3. The online screener link with password for preview or download should be made available to the selection committee no later than June 10, 2021;
2.1.4. Film selection and screening schedules are determined by the Festival’s programming department;
2.1.5. Applicants will be notified if their film has been selected for one of the Festival programs no later than July 10, 2021;
2.1.6. Screening copies of the selected films in their original format should be received by the Festival before August 25, 2021;
2.1.7. Each film may be screened not more than 5 times during the Festival;
2.1.8. There will be no exceptions relative to the deadlines.
2.2. Competition participation:
2.2.1. The Festival’s Competition program consists of full length and short feature and documentary films completed on or after January 1, 2020 presented in the following formats: DCP, FormatHD (mpg4, mkv, avi). All films should have English subtitles;
2.2.2. Films earlier presented at other festivals are eligible to apply;
2.2.3. The Competition program consists of no less than 12 films.
2.3. Out of Competition participation:
2.3.1. Out of Competition program consists of films presented in the following formats: DCP, FormatHD (mpg4, mkv, avi). All films should have English subtitles.
3.1. All the following documents and marketing materials for each selected film should be received by the Festival no later than July 15, 2021:
- Dialogue list (via e-mail);
- Catalogue materials: a brief synopsis, stills, director’s photos, biography and filmography (via e-mail);
- Trailer and/or teaser trailer sent on a DVD or uploaded to a server (if available);
- Other press materials.
4. Shipping and Insurance
4.1. Shipping costs associated with delivering the film selected for Festival screenings to the Festival are covered by the Festival;
4.2. Storage and insurance costs for films selected for the Festival during the Festival are covered by the Festival.
5.1. All questions regarding the invitation of guests and participants to the Festival and the terms of their stay are considered by the Festival on an individual basis;
5.2. Presence of at least one representative from each film in Competition is required;
5.3. The Festival covers the cost of travel and stay for the representatives for the length of the Festival;
5.4. A completed accreditation application form confirming participation should be sent to the Festival no later than August 1, 2021.
6.1. Films are judged by an International Jury of five members, FIPRESCI (International Federation of Film Critics) jury of three members and NETPAC (Network for the Promotion of Asian Cinema) jury of three members; the Festival covers all expenses related to the Jury Members’ travel and stay;
6.2. Anyone involved in production or commercial distribution of films selected for the Competition program cannot be considered for a Jury Member position.
The International Jury awards the following prizes:
- «Sea-shell» prize – Best Feature award (presented to the director);
- «Sea-shell» prize – Best Short Film award (presented to the director);
- Special Jury award «Star» prize (presented according to jury’s decision);
- «Sea-shell» prize – Best Director award;
- «Star» prize – Best Actor award;
- «Star» prize – Best Actress award.
Also the following prizes are founded at the festival:
- The FIPRESCI (International Federation of Film Critics) jury award – for the Best Feature and Best Short Film;
- The NETPAC (Network for the Promotion of Asian Cinema ) jury award – for the Best Asian film;
- ‘9,288 km’ award of the Primorsky krai Governor;
- Audience Choice award for the best Russian film;
- Yul Brynner award «Star» for the Best Acting Debut.
It is expected that the winners will personally attend the Award Ceremonies.
8. Final clause
8.1. Participation in the 19th “Pacific Meridian” VIFF implies the acceptance of the foregoing;
8.2. Any issues not covered by the rules and regulations will be solved by the Festival on an individual basis;
8.3. The Festival follows FIAPP (International Federation of Film Producers Associations) recommendations.
Messages and correspondence for the Festival should be sent to the following address:
Pacific Meridian International Film Festival
49, Svetlanskaya St.,
Vladivostok 690091 Russia
tel: +7 (423) 230-20-74, 226-15-82